We are SO happy to announce that from tomorrow, Wednesday 28 July, PARC will reopen our doors again!
The Victorian Premier has announced an easing of COVID restrictions for Victoria effective Wednesday 28 July, allowing indoor fitness and recreation facilities, including PARC, to open!
Saying that, strict restrictions and requirements are in place, including a maximum patron capacity of 100 people per indoor space (that means 100 in the Main Pool Hall at any one time), and a density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm.
What does this mean for us at PARC? We’re back to (pretty much) normal operations from tomorrow
- Recreational swimming is back, along with the Aquatic Playground (with some timing restrictions throughout the week).
- Group Exercise Timetable resumes, but with only 10 allowed per class.
- Memberships are reactivated, so make the most of your unlimited access.
- The Warm Water Pool Area is open, along with the Sauna and Steam Room with capacity limits.
- Swimming lessons are back.
- Visitors can move between areas of the facility to workout and enjoy.
- Café is back for your delicious morning coffee and nutrition hit.
- Crèche is back open.
In order to comply with these COVID Safe restrictions, we have made some temporary changes to our usual operations that we want you to be aware of. We anticipate this as a short-term change to our operations and look forward to the capacity limits easing further. Please note the following changes:
- PARC Swim will have exclusive use of the Main Pool Hall during key lesson times: In order to resume swim lessons as soon as possible whilst complying with strict capacity limits, we will be using the Main Pool Hall exclusively for PARC Swim during peak lesson times. That means recreational and lap swimmers will not have access to the Main Pool Hall on weekdays from 3:45pm to 6:00pm, and on weekends from 7:45am to 12:00pm. We know this may be limiting at times, but we see the critical skills of learning water safety and swimming as essential to our mission that every child in Frankston can swim.
- Aquatic Playground access impacted: To align with the swimming lesson restart, the Aquatic Playground will also be closed on weekdays from 3:45pm to 6:00pm, and on weekends from 7:45am to 12:00pm.
- Waterslides, water fountains and birthday parties: Will remain closed for now.
- Group Exercise classes have a maximum capacity of 10 per class: Unfortunately, under the latest restrictions, groups are limited to 10 people. Group Exercise bookings open 3 days in advance, so we encourage you to book early via the App or our website: https://parcfrankston.com.au/group-classes/group-class-timetable/ We also ask that you please cancel early if you can no longer attend, allowing those on the waitlist to join. We are increasing our number of Virtual Classes (bookings also required), and don’t forget you get free access to PARC Your Way with over 800 classes in the video library. Check it out here: https://parcyourway.com.au/
- Capacity limits may impact access: Current restrictions enforce a maximum patron capacity of 100 people per indoor space. This means we can only have 100 in the Main Pool Hall at any one time. We will monitor the area constantly, with regular headcounts, and if we approach this number we may have to deny access until other patrons exit.
- Capacity limits in our smaller areas: We are required to adhere to the 1 person per 4sqm density quotient, so some smaller rooms need to accommodate fewer people, for example, the Sauna and Steam Room can only have 3 people at a time. We ask that if you are using these areas, please respect those waiting in line to have their turn by sticking to the strongly recommended 15minute limit.
- COVID Check-in Marshals and COVID Marshals in place: PARC staff will be monitoring and enforcing all Conditions of Entry in the Centre. Please be respectful when staff provide direction relating to COVID restrictions, including mandatory checking-in and mask-wearing throughout the facility.
All memberships will be reactivated tomorrow
We are reactivating all memberships from Wednesday 28 July (including PARC Swim). For the period of our closure, all memberships were placed on hold. If you’re not quite ready to come back, no worries. You are welcome to suspend your membership as per our usual Membership Terms & Conditions.
How are we keeping you safe?
Your health and safety within our facility is still our first priority, so it’s vital we all help to maintain our stringent COVID Protocols and Conditions of Entry for everyone in the Centre.
- Face masks are mandatory as advised by the Vic Government. Please wear a mask unless out of breath exercising, entering the pool or you have a medical exemption.
- It is mandatory to check in via the Government QR code.
- Social distancing is required throughout the Centre, regardless of location you must stay 1.5 meters away from other patrons. Please follow social distancing signage and stickers throughout the Centre.
- COVID Marshalls and PARC staff will be monitoring and enforcing all Conditions of Entry throughout the building. Please be respectful when staff provide direction relating to COVID restrictions.
- Hand sanitising is encouraged as you enter and exit each area of the facility.
- Cleaning equipment before and after use is essential with the disinfectant wipes provided and PARC has rigorous cleaning procedures in place.
- Bring your own towel and water bottle to every visit. No towel, no workout
Thank you for all your support!
We are so excited to welcome you back to Centre, and we’re so grateful for the amazing and warm support we have received from our PARC Community through this lockdown and closure period – thank you.
To see our full Conditions of entry and how we are keeping you safe, please visit: https://parcfrankston.com.au/reopen/ If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit out Reopen Information page here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to welcome you all back!