PARC is inviting the community to join in celebrations to mark five years since opening.
- Sunday 15 September, 1–5pm
- Free aquatic entry
- Free activities including cupcakes, sticker photobooth and Splashy McSplash Town, the inflatable obstacle course
PARC’s Fifth Birthday Celebration is on Sunday 15 September, 1–5pm.
In the five years since opening, PARC has provided almost $950,000 of value to local clubs and community groups and now employs around 300 people, with 70% of them local to Frankston and the Mornington Peninsula.
“Contributing to the local community has been a focus of ours from day one, so being able to employ local people and support local community groups and clubs is a real privilege,” said Peninsula Leisure CEO Tim Gledhill.
“The PARC in the Community program is central to our vision that ‘everyone in Frankston has the opportunity to be active’. We provide heavily subsidised PARC memberships for many local residents experiencing hardship and free access valued at almost $950,000 to local clubs and community groups,” said Tim.
Every month, PARC provides vouchers and raffle items to up to 50 different groups, including kindergartens, local sporting clubs, scouts, primary schools, local associations and businesses.
“We’ve also now welcomed over three million visitors to PARC since opening, and one million in the past financial year, which shows the positive impact PARC is having, supporting the local community to be more active and improve their health and wellbeing,” said Tim.
All PARC’s profits are reinvested into community programs and facility upgrades, to ensure PARC remains an industry-leading facility that provides ongoing community benefit.
Significant recent upgrades include additional car parks, new flooring and painting, sauna and steam room upgrades, new gym equipment and the introduction of virtual fitness and an online booking system.
“These upgrades are essential to ensure we deliver exceptional customer experiences for all the community,” said Tim.
Most recently named Victoria’s Best Health Club, PARC and Peninsula Leisure continue to lead the industry and have received nine industry awards since opening in September 2014:
- Best Health Club (Victoria), 2018
- Seasonal Facility Management Award – Pines Forest Aquatic Centre, 2018
- Swim Teacher of the Year – Tabitha Cauchy, 2018
- Swim Teacher of the Year – Alyssa Danger, 2017
- Innovative Program Award for Splashy McSplash Town, 2017
- Personal Trainer of the Year – Marcin Piotrowski, 2016
- Facility Management Award – PARC, 2016
- Duty Manager of the Year Award – Amber Fordyce, 2015
- Swim Teacher Award – People with a Disability – Emma Hughes, 2015
PARC are also offering new members $0 joining fee and four weeks free when joining for 12 months. Speak to PARC reception for details.