As we wrap up this year, we invite you to reflect on your Future You journey and envision where you’ll be in 2024.
At the beginning of the year, we kicked off our Future You movement, inviting you to envision yourself in 3 or 6 months’ time. We encouraged you to write a letter to your future self, creating your health aspirations for 2023 and fostering accountability. We sent these letters back to you, tracking your progress against your health goals.
As 2023 comes to an end, and as we prepare to welcome in a new year, we encourage you to persevere and stick to your Future You goals. The holiday season brings joy and celebration, but it’s important to strike a balance between both your festive commitments and wellbeing. Here are some tips to stay on track:
- Make time to be active: We encourage you to keep up your PARC routine. Shopping, gifts and get-togethers are important, but so is your time to focus on yourself and your needs.
- Hydration is key: Combat summer dehydration by drinking at least eight glasses of water a day and moderating alcohol consumption with water in between.
- Prioritise sleep: Ensure 7-9 hours of quality sleep each night to support your immune system and reduce stress during the hectic holiday season.
- Manage stress: Incorporate relaxation techniques like deep breathing and meditation to balance the holiday hustle with self-care.
- Choose healthier alternatives: Enjoy holiday treats with a healthier twist by experimenting with whole grains or reducing sugar.
And for those committed to joining us at PARC the week before Christmas, mark your calendars for PARC’s Christmas Celebration on Wednesday 20 December 20 from 3 – 5 pm, outside under the PARC slides. BBQ, kids games, activities, PARC staff you know and love. All are welcome!
Let’s create Your Place in 2024
Now, let’s peer into the future – what does 2024 hold for you? Where does your health sit in your schedule and, more importantly, your priority list? In 2024, we’ll ask you to consider a few simple sentences:
- The people who motivate me at PARC are ____
- My purpose at PARC is to____
- PARC is my _____ place
- Your people. Your purpose. Your place!
It has been incredibly fulfilling to support and shape your Future You health journey this year, and the excitement is building for what 2024 holds for you and your wellbeing!
We’re dedicated to improving lives through activity and connection, and we’re here to support you on your journey toward your best self. Keep an eye out for more on this starting January 1, and until then, savour the festive lead-up to Chrissie!
See you in the Centre.