WELCOME BACK TO PARC!
We’re delighted to announce that from Monday 9 November we will reopen our doors again!
Thank you for your patience as we’ve finalised our reopen plan. We’ve worked hard to create our programming for this opening based on the very limited capacity allowance and ensuring we prioritise services that we’ve not been able to offer during lockdown.
As we’ve had 7 days without a new COVID case, we’re optimistic about the restrictions easing further, and once the Government announces any changes, we will provide an update and move quickly to increase our services and capacity.
PARC Programs and Services
As of Monday 9 November, we’ve reviewed the current Government Victorian guidelines and have received direct advice allowing PARC to confirm the following services:
|PARC service||Capacity||Session time||Cost (per session)|
|50m main pool||OPEN 2 x 25m lap pools for 20 people||45 mins||$8.50|
|Warm Water pool||OPEN for 20 people||60 mins||$8.50|
|Gym floor||OPEN for 10 people||45 mins||$13.00|
|Group Exercise||OPEN for 10 people||45 mins||Active movers – $12
Reformer – $16
All other classes – $14
|PARC Swim||OPEN from 16 Nov for a 5-week Learn to Swim program. More details provided on Monday.||25 mins||$75 set fee for entire 5 week program|
Plus, don’t forget we still have our ongoing services available if you’re not comfortable coming back into Centre just yet:
- PARC Your Way – our digital at-home exercise platform
- Outdoor Group Exercise – a diverse timetable with lots of options
- Outdoor Personal Training – enquire on our website now if interested
- Online Personal Training – high quality personal Zoom training option
What will be different?
As you can imagine, PARC will look very different during this reopening, compared to last, as our capacity is even more limited. To ensure PARC provides a safe, clean and fun environment for all, we have:
- Adjusted operating hours to allow for ongoing and thorough cleaning and disinfecting.
- Mandatory face mask wearing by all staff and visitors to the Centre. Face masks are required at all times, apart from when out of breath exercising or entering the pool, unless a medical exemption applies.
- Implemented strict conditions of entry and safety processes. A concierge will meet all PARC visitors in the foyer to check you in and ensure you are fit and well. If you display any symptoms of COVID-19, or have come into contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, you will be denied access to the Centre.
- All PARC users will be required to book sessions online, so we have an accurate record of who has been in the Centre, and to help us manage the strict capacity limits.
- Social distancing cues will be marked on the floor throughout the entire Centre, along with signs that will show which gym and group exercise equipment is available for use.
- Hand sanitisers and antibacterial wipes will be provided throughout the Centre, with patrons asked to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Drinking fountains will be closed, so please bring your own bottle, and sweat towels remain mandatory for all workouts.
- Café, Creche, leisure pool, aqua playground, spa, sauna and steam room will remain closed for this initial opening.
- Not all areas and services will be open and so please visit our full list of changes we have made, on the website.
Accessing our Services
We will have similar processes in place from last reopen for accessing PARC facilities and services, including:
- All entry to PARC from Monday 9 Nov will be on a casual, pay-as-you-go system. We require all PARC users to book and pre-pay for their swim, gym workout and group exercise sessions online, and no walk-ins will be permitted.
- During this initial reopen period, all membership will remain on suspension, and no memberships will be charged during this time.
- Due to the limited capacity we cannot offer voluntary reactivation of membership, but as soon as restrictions ease further we will move quickly to provide this as an option.
- PARC Swim program enquiries will open from Monday 9 November and the program will start from Monday 16 Nov. Current members only.
How are we keeping you safe?
We want to ensure PARC remains a safe and enjoyable environment for our entire community and our processes take PARC’s already recognised high standards of health, safety, and cleanliness to and even higher level, including:
- Additional cleaning resources,
- High quality disinfectants will be used for all continuous and deep-cleaning processes,
- Hand sanitisers and antibacterial wipes provides throughout the Centre,
- COVID-19 and hygiene training for all staff,
- Plus, the Centre has had a super deep clean prior to opening.
- To see a full list of the changes we have made to protect you, please visit our reopen page.
How to Book
Bookings are now open for Monday and all sessions must be booked and paid for online through our website. For lap swimming, Warm Water pool, gym floor and Group Exercise, bookings will open 3 days in advance from midnight, so get in quick to secure your place!
PARC Swim 5-week program bookings will be open from Monday 9 Nov and are made by enquiring through our website. Payment must be received to secure your booking.
For further information and questions about this reopening we encourage you to read our Reopen section on our website in full, as it includes ALL the details you will need to inform you about your visit, as well as detailed Frequently Asked Questions.