With the progression of the novel coronavirus outbreak, we’d like to reassure you that your health and wellness remains our top priority.
Below is information regarding how you can help yourself and the PARC community to stay healthy, safe and happy during this changing and challenging situation. We have also created a dedicated COVID-19 page which includes our reduced timetable, FAQs and other information on our services.
[button title=”VIEW COVID-19 INFO PAGE” link=”https://parcfrankston.com.au/covid-19-faqs/” target=”_blank” align=”” icon=”” icon_position=”” color=”” font_color=”” size=”2″ full_width=”” class=”” download=”” rel=”” onclick=””]
CHANGES TO SERVICES
Recently the Federal government increased measures to limit the spread and impacts of COVID-19. As part of these measures, the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) recommended limits on organised gatherings, including limiting non-essential internal gatherings to fewer than 100 people. A gathering is defined as “fewer than one hundred (100) persons in a single undivided indoor space at the same time”.
It is important that we remain focused on supporting the Government’s strategy to limit the spread and impacts of COVID-19, so our current programming has being reviewed and is now designed to comfortably sit within these guidelines, to ensure we are protecting you and the PARC Community.
The adjusted services being delivered are far reduced from our ‘normal’ timetable and availability. We continue to increase our standards, deliver education and enforce new processes in relation to ensuring the highest possible cleanliness and hygiene practices.
The services we will be offering members and guests have changed from Saturday 21 March. Please see the latest timetable here.
Please note – Numbers will be restricted in each area to ensure we don’t surpass capacity and are respecting social distancing practices at all times. We may adjust times in coming days, so please check back here often!
[button title=”VIEW CENTRE TIMETABLE” link=”https://parcfrankston.com.au/covid-19-faqs/” target=”_blank” align=”” icon=”” icon_position=”” color=”” font_color=”” size=”2″ full_width=”” class=”” download=”” rel=”” onclick=””]
WHAT ARE WE DOING TO HELP PROTECT YOU AND THE PARC COMMUNITY
We’ve implemented a number of precautionary measures in the Centre in response to the current situation, these include;
- Availability of hand hygiene products and suitable waste receptacles, with frequent cleaning and waste disposal.
- Increased communication with our cleaning teams to ensure the Centre continues to be cleaned to a high standard. Additional cleaning resources in place.
- Our cleaners are utilising adjusted shifts to have an emphasised focus upon disinfecting all high contact items, including hand-rails, hard surfaces including tables and benches, taps in change rooms, door handles etc.
- Continuing to maintain pool water quality at all times within regulations.
- Increased signage and education on hand hygiene and general health club and pool etiquette to respect other patrons.
- Continual head counts of each area and at entry and exit points to ensure capped numbers are not surpassed, to allow space for social distancing.
- Increased education to ensure social distancing is respected at all times – with no more than one person per 4 square metres of floor space (2m between each visitor enforced).
- Only using every second piece of cardio equipment and cycle bikes in the Cycle Studio to be used to respect social distancing. New signs on all equipment to advise of this policy.
- New policies enforced in the gym including no towel, no workout, and equipment must be wiped down after use using the antibacterial wipes provided.
- Antibacterial wipes provided in all Group Exercise Classes.
- Dots placed on the ground in Group Exercise Classes, so participants are spaced out correctly to respect social distancing.
- Continuing to promote the Department of Health recommendations of 14-day self-isolation for unwell individuals and all returned travellvers.
- All changes and policies that apply to members are also enforced for staff on and offsite.
- To view more, please see our FAQ page here
HELP US KEEP PARC SAFE AND CLEAN
- Please isolate yourself at home if you feel unwell.
- If you have recently travelled overseas, do not enter the Centre.
- We encourage you to follow social distancing recommendations of staying 2metres away from other patrons at all times.
HELP REDUCE YOUR RISK OF CATCHING THE VIRUS
At Peninsula Leisure we want you to have a happy and healthy experience. To do so, we ask that we all help protect against infections by practising good hand and respiratory hygiene. We would also like to encourage all of our members to follow the advice of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to reduce your risk of catching the virus.
Ten ways to reduce your risk of coronavirus
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication ensure you have adequate supplies.
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call the Quitline 137 848.
- Don’t wear a face mask if you are well.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
- Get the flu shot (available April).
If you suspect you have coronavirus or has come in contact with someone diagnosed with coronavirus please call the dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398. Please keep triple zero (000) for emergencies only.
HAVE YOU TRAVELLED RECENTLY?
As of midnight Sunday 15 March a mandatory 14-day quarantine period for all international arrivals was imposed. This means that anyone returning to Australia, regardless of where you are flying from, must self-isolate for 14-days before entering the community.
We ask that if you are within your mandatory 14-day quarantine period that you do not attend the Centre. Please continue to monitor your health for the 14-days. If you develop a fever or cough, please seek medical advice urgently. If after the 14-day period you are feeling fit and well, you are welcome to come to the Centre and workout or swim!
At PARC, we cater to a wide variety of community groups, with a high number of these being vulnerable people including the elderly and disability groups, so your adherence to this entry restriction is essential.
For additional information on the coronavirus please refer:
If you would like to raise a question or concern, please do so by emailing our Risk, Health & Safety Manager Stuart West via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for helping to maintain a clean and safe space at PARC.