Shakshuka with Feta
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne
- 1 can whole tomatoes and juice, coarsely chopped
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Heat oven to 190 degrees. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook gently until very soft, about 20 minutes. Add garlic and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes; stir in cumin, paprika and cayenne, and cook 1 minute. Pour in tomatoes and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; simmer until tomatoes have thickened, about 10 minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Stir in crumbled feta.
- Gently crack eggs into skillet over tomatoes. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are just set, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with hot sauce.